St. James

St. James
St. James above the special anniversary door of the cathedral in Santiago

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Update

Mary, Lexi and Josh ended up completing the Camino about nine days after Stella and I. They didn't have the deadline of airline tickets that we did and that freed them up a bit. A couple of Sundays after Mary returned, she and I did a program for our church members. We shared pictures and told stories of our trip. And we served Santiago cake! It went over well - not a crumb was left of three cakes!


And Mary presented me with something. Do you remember that first day, when we left St. Jean Pied du Port? We had barely started up the mountain to Hunnto when I had spotted a shard of blue and white tile. I collect that and Mary knows it because one of the times she and I were out walking before we left for the trip, I found a piece of blue and white china in the middle of a dirt road! Anyway, after I wrestled with the decision and ultimately left it behind, unbeknownst to me, Mary picked it up and carried it the whole way to Santiago and back to the States. She presented it to me in a beautiful little drawstring bag that Sunday as a memento of our journey. It will always be a reminder of powerful journeys and friendships.

I am in the process of trying to update and finish the blog, which could take some time, so please bear with me!
Joan+

No comments:

Post a Comment